I love insomnia. Not. And the time could not be worse. It is the last full week of school for students, then final exams. Except for seniors;they graduate tomorrow. I have not had this problem for a long time so I hope this is only a one-off thing. At the least, I will be able to stay active since I will be reviewing the year for exam preparation.
June has been somewhat reserved these last several days and that is a good thing. With the end of school for the year, I have allot on my plate. But she has had her moments.
She received some stickers in a package from her Grandma Bing. It has been a trying time causing me to have a discussion with Grandma Bing about stickers in the future.
June: I want to put stickers on my wall!
Me: No, not on the wall but here’s a piece of paper.
June: Fiiiiine, I’ll put them on the door instead.
*sigh*
She is good at random questions too and not afraid to ask them. It also seems she is not fond of Wednesday.
June: Mom! Why can’t it be Monday, Tuesday, Saturday. Sunday, Thursday, Friday?”
Me: What about Wednesday?
June: Fine. It can be a day too.
What do you answer to that question?
I am unable to decide if this was a simple bribe or if she was sincere. Should I feel good or insulted?
June (after giving me a hug): I thought I needed a hug, but I really just need pancakes.
That is June lately. She also has a favorite word now, if I am to judge by how often she uses it. "Fine." And only June is able to use it in so many different ways. There is "fiiiiiine." Then there is a version so short it should be considered only half a syllable. There is the musical version, "ffiIIine." And the machine gun version, "ff-ii-nn-ee." The deep southern accent version which is more "faaan" than fine. And "foin." On a boring day, it is simply "fine." I have yet to decode her algorithm for determining which she will use in a given situation.
I have also been asked, “What about what Chao lei says/does?” He is older and does not have the same personality as June. He never has. He seems to ask himself questions, think things out, researches them, and answer them himself. It strikes me that two children, raised in the same household, by the same parents, can be so different. But if Chao lei should say or do something I find amusing, I will write of it. After all, I need to keep a record of it for when he becomes a teenager needing some humility in his life. ;-)
Now, let me see if I can return to sleep. A couple more hours could not hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment