So. Eight weeks gone and ten more to go to tie the record. I am hoping they do not break it. I am unsure that I would care for being at sea for this long in winter but I am certain I do not care for Jared being gone this long (or longer) at any time of year. The positive of this is it results in a better chance the ship will be home, or at the least home more often, during this pregnancy. Still, I am jealous of the other crews that sit quietly at the docks at the moment.
I am 15 weeks into pregnancy now. The OB clinic had an opening yesterday so I was able to be seen quicker than I thought I could be. Everything is progressing well. It is fortunate for me that this one has not banned any part of my usual diet. Chao lei would not allow dumplings or coffee. I have not gained much weight but it is beginning to become obvious to me larger pants are closer to becoming reality. I suppose a visit to the maternity section at the NEx is in order.
Gender. I know it now but Jared does not. Though parents eagerly ask of it, I remain silent until he knows of it. It is only fair. He is the father. I have decided we will do a reveal after Chao lei and I have told him so I will not post here as some family have been known to visit this blog on occasion. How unfair for him to discover the gender as everyone else, or even after others, does. For now, I must await Jared's limited face time and only the Navy knows when that will be.
I have returned to my classes. The students appear more relaxed at the beginning of a new term than at to end of the last. lol Appearing to learn is much easier than demonstrating you have learned. Both are important. My most difficult class is English Language. It is a difficult language to master but one may quickly learn enough to communicate. It is my Japanese students who are most difficult. They are very intelligent but worry too much of speaking it incorrectly. I understand their thoughts. I too have had to learn English and its many rules; rules that often contradict each other. Still, one must speak it to learn it and understand their usage will not be perfect but will improve with use. I have more patience with these students because I have more empathy for them. It is difficult enough that the class is generally conducted in English with only some Japanese when something new arises.
Chao lei has resumed his routine and I continue to live the Navy wife life.
15 weeks! How exciting! I'm glad to hear you don't have many aversions (if any!) Mieke didn't let me drink coffee almost my entire pregnancy, and that was really hard for me. I can't wait to hear the gender, but I applaud you for keeping it quiet until your husband finds out, too!
ReplyDelete