Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

I wonder...

During our last time here in Japan, the ship visited China. Since it was going to be there, Father and mother decided to go see the American ship since I am married to an American sailor. They had no idea it was the ship Jared was assigned to. What a surprise for them and Jared when he saw them on the dock. During liberty, they enjoyed a dinner together. Now I wonder if this will be repeated.

Last time was unfair. I was home eating my own cooking as Jared was with my parents eating mother's cooking. Me being pregnant did not encourage me to not think it unfair. I must admit though, Jared had his time of being jealous since mother did come to my house when the baby was due and cooked many meals for me while he was still underway.

As I prepare for this deployment, I think of these things. I ensure Chao lei spends as much time as possible with his father. I do not believe that his father will soon be gone has become a reality for him yet. He has been told of it but behaves as if it will be only another day in his life. It would be acceptable if that continues to be his attitude. I think facetime will become important for him soon enough.

I spend as much time as possible with Jared too. So much that we have been accused of being newlyweds. I am ok with that. I wonder though, why does us spending so much time together as a couple attract such comments? Especially from other Navy people, it is surprising since we share the times apart because of deployments and underways. It makes sense to me to spend extra time since we can be apart for weeks at a time and often. It is gentle teasing, I know. Sometimes my English causes me to pause and consider what I have heard. Sometimes that pause leads to thinking it more serious than what it is. Jesting or not, it does cause me to wonder why it is said though.

I will establish my routine again. I will do my best to set an encouraging example for others though I will likely be imperfect. Bear with me as I do this. And I realize I do not organize thoughts so well in English sometimes but my goal is to get those thoughts out of my head, not make sense. lol

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely understand your sentiments, Mei! I always found it strange when people would make comments about us spending so much family time together before Ryan deployed. I always answered - we just genuinely enjoy spending time together! Enjoy all the time you have together with your sailor, and remember that you are allowed to feel however you have to feel. Truly. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete