Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Post-holiday/Pre-new year

Christmas is finished and a new year approaches. I cannot say I will not be happy to return to normal. It is not that I do not enjoy the festivities of Christmas. I certainly do enjoy them. I only wish to say there is much to be appreciated of the calmness of normal. It is exhausting always being in such a hurry and keeping the ever-lengthening list of holiday obligations managed. Some I enjoy and some are... well... obligations.

An advantage of shore duty is that Charles and I are able to do things together. That is also a disadvantage. We love performing volunteer work together but there are some events that I wish I could avoid that Charles is expected to attend. These usually are attended by admirals and are very boring proper and sedate. A ship's event is more relaxed. You may not know all the names but their faces are familiar to you.

Speaking of ships, as our departure nears so too do the inevitable disruptions. Choosing a date to have our household goods packed and picked up is a challenge. I do not wish to wait too long after arriving to have my things. What the Navy provides temporarily is functional but rarely suitable.

We have already communicated with the real estate company we used for our last house. They will begin looking for houses and making arrangements in the beginning of April. I have expressed my interest in the house we originally had during our last time in Japan. It is currently occupied but there is hope the current tenants will decide they should live elsewhere. ;-)

While we await those things, preparation will continue. I have already been spiriting away un-needed toys and clothing from Chao lei. Perhaps he will not notice his toy box is becoming less full or that his wardrobe shrinks as days go by.

Have a happy and prosperous new year! 新年快乐


No comments:

Post a Comment