Have you wondered what it would be like if different choices wee made? Perhaps even to exist as someone else. Surely I am not the only person who has asked these questions of themselves.
I was very recently told I am too rigid in how I think. This person believes I must plan everything in advance, I understand things too literally and I speak too honestly. They wonder of what has happened in my life that has cause me to do these things. In spite of myself, I felt compelled to answer these things.
I do not believe I am rigid. I am only sure of what I think. I did not arrive to my conclusions lightly. I think of things the way I do because I am convinced they are accurate thoughts. If I am given new information that is conflicting with what I believe then I consider if there is a change to be made or to ignore the new information. A rigid person dismisses new information without reviewing it.
What is wrong of planning? Is there a sin I do not know of for knowing, as well as can be, what is expected and when? For me, planning is simply choosing a goal and considering how best to achieve that goal. How am I different from another? To take a holiday requires planning. What is the cost? How will I get there? Where will I reside one I arrive there? To be sure, everyone plans. It is only some that do not plan well.
Perhaps my literal reception fails because English remains challenging at times. I continue learning so perhaps only patience is required of the speaker. After all, I have only recently begun to understand jokes in English.
Honesty? Perhaps this will answer to being "too honest." I do not understand how one could be too honest. A person would choose for me to lie to them rather than cause some slight, but short lived embarrassment or anger? Would they rather I tell them they look foolish while in private or allow the public to tell them and suffer greater embarrassment? If I tell this lie and allow my friend to suffer greater, what friend am I?
To be someone other than me is foolish thinking. I am living my fantasy. I have a husband I adore and that adores me. I have a beautiful son who brightens every day for me. Why would I want to be someone other than me?
I will remain a rigidly honest, planner. I will remain me.
There is nothing wrong with any of what you are saying!! You are who you are and who cares what other think.
ReplyDeleteNever exist as someone else. That would be a shame.
ReplyDelete