Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Settled?

I am not sure that I can say I am settled. There remain things to unpack still so many months after arriving here. Most of our belongings arrived in good order. There were few mishaps; mostly minor cosmetic damages.

My search for employment did not result in my preferred employment. I was searching for a position at a university or college. There was almost a position at a high school. It seems a white American man is preferred before a Chinese descended American woman. One would believe incorrectly that a D.C.Sc. would be preferred before a BS.

Instead I find myself employed at a small network consulting firm. It is my duty to evaluate their current system and recommend new systems and/or system upgrades, then assist clients in implementing changes as necessary. I was assured I will have ample laborers so that my coveralls need not be carried with me to every site. So far, it has been a reliable assurance.

My husband has taken to his position with a better attitude than when he first was informed what it would be. He does have the promise of a return to sea which will not require me to relocate. This seems to give him better outlook of being here.

Chao lei is enjoying his new daycare. He gets moody if he misses days too often. I notice he is quite fond of one particular girl at the center but since she is 15 years his senior I do not have much concern of it.

It seems my sister Jiao wishes to visit again. Especially since it is a new place. I have warned her I know no teenage girls here so there is no one to introduce her to that will show her those thing  teenagers wish to see. She still insists.

No comments:

Post a Comment