Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

8 Months and Appointments

Since the LCdr preceded me to Japan I was not a participant in my move there apart from some baggage picked up and my physical relocation. This is not the case now that we are returning to the U.S.

I am surprised by the number of appointments one must attend just to move to another place. At our first appointment with the PPSO, we were given a checklist to "ensure a successful move."  All these tasks are only what are required of the military.

I am required to accomplish several tasks at the university also if I am to leave with a good reputation. I must train another to take my place, return university property (especially keys), clear my office if I wish it to go back to the U.S. (the university has made it very clear they would be more than happy to accept my furniture as a donation) and I must declare my final term (which is this term). I suppose it is best that I end with this term. It will allow me to better see to the military requirements.

I am learning many new things. Mostly I am learning the Navy has an aversion to spelling real words so they utilize acronyms instead. I now know what PPSO, HHG and PCS mean. I know my husband is a LCDR as well as a SWO, is currently serving on a CG (67 to be exact) and I must remember his SSN (mine is irrelevant to the Navy).

Yes. This is much more different of a life than I was first led to believe but I do prefer it to a boring life. I suppose it will change again once we are back in the CONUS.


1 comment:

  1. The military life is certainly a crazy one but it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete