Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

It Is Getting Busy Here

As we move closer to leaving Japan, our life is becoming full of appointments. I was once told orders are received one year prior to relocation but it seems this is not the case for us. It seems we will begin a new year with a new place to live.

I have sent inquiries to local schools of positions available. I have also written to my former employer of positions in companies he may know of.

I would once have told you of my preference to work in a business over a school but my experience here was very a positive one. I enjoyed the teaching environment very much. I would not be disappointed for a school to offer a position to me.

Here is my only reason for reluctance to work. I do not know of policies at a new school that would allow me as much time with Chao lei as I have been accustomed to. The university has been very generous in that regard.

I will miss my office though. There was much work invested to make it "me." It was comfortable and decidedly feminine compared to most other offices there. I often had visitors simply to rest their eyes from the high contrast decor Japan seems to be so fond of.  I believe I will wait as long as I am able before removing my things from my office. Perhaps even as late as the day before our HHG are picked up.

I suppose moving will be what it always is; an adventure. Whether good or bad remains to be seen. I pray I do not have that "nightmare" PCS everyone warns me of.


No comments:

Post a Comment