Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

I am Becoming Anxious

There are at least two things that have me anxious. The first is my dissertation being before the committee. I wonder of how much I will have to defend of it. I do not pretend it will go unchallenged. I will say I am adept at my subject matter but I am far from perfect knowledge of it. I also hope they will hurry but not too much. It would be wonderful to walk with the others who are being awarded their doctorate but I do not wish for them to challenge me less or more than I should be.

Another thing that causes me anxiety is our soon coming move. We are completing four years in Japan. I have been told four years is not a limit for this tour but is a minimum. The Commander says if we are to leave there should be orders by May but we should not count on that given recent events in the Navy. In any case, I will not be unhappy to remain in Japan for more time. I only wish to know what we can expect.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise to see you back! Waiting is such a hard thing to do so I count myself in good company :)

    ReplyDelete