Why is it so easy to find humor in a child's distress? Perhaps not their distress but their reaction to stimuli.
For instance, we had a thunderstorm. Chao lei was content to watch the rain fall laughing at the coldness on his hand from the rain drops. Then it happened. It seems we were directly beneath the storm given the loudness of the clap. To see his face change from smiling and laughing to large round eyes, open mouth, and running as fast as he could to momma and attempting to climb me. It caught him by such surprise. As soon as he was safely in my arms only then did he turn to see what had caused such a noise.
Soon, he was wishing to be placed on the floor again. Here is the humor. He warily approached the window to see when there was another sudden clap and he spun, as well as a young child may spin, to run again to momma. This was repeated several times, in fact, with each time becoming more funny especially when he began to shout "boom" after each clap (still running to me mind you).
What am I to do with a son that returns to things he is curious of in spite of initial fears? After witnessing this behavior, I fear my future will be more stressful than I have imagined.I am sure to be old and gray too soon.
Stopped by to say hello. With all the news happening in the world pray all is well with you and your family. Hoping you are busy getting ready to return to the states. Better yet, hope you are back.
ReplyDeleteWe are all well. Three years have gone past so quickly. We will soon know what new place we might see. Until then, I will begin planning our relocation. :-)
ReplyDelete