Of course there will be Chao lei. There will also be two sailors. This year I have again drawn two females. The difference this year is they are enlisted. They will arrive soon and will spend the day. If it were for me to decide, I would host more. The Navy says I may only have two. The Navy and I do not agree on this. I wonder of a way to invite more that the Navy need not know about. ;-)
I know the feeling of loneliness in a different country so my heart aches for those that must be alone; especially at a holiday. A telephone call is good but the happiness of it soon goes away and even encourages worse feelings at times. In my times of loneliness, I had the Bings to cheer me but they were not Mother and Father. Of course, it must be known I do not speak of American holidays for my experience but the nationality of the holiday does not matter. The feelings remain the same.
If I could ask one thing of any who read here, I would ask that you remember those single servicemen alone at the holidays. Please frequent:
- http://anysailor.com/index.cfm,
- http://www.anysoldier.com,
- http://www.anymarine.com,
- or http://anycoastguard.com
If you know a unit or ship, feel free to send a donation to the FRG so they are able to better provide for those alone.
They, and I, thank you!
So sweet & thoughtful of you! I'm amazed that you can manage a holiday dinner while caring for a baby!!
ReplyDelete