Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy :-)

It has been a very busy few days.

Our Independence Day was fun for us in spite of some things that did not do well.

Our fireworks, for instance, were cancelled due to weather. It is understandable though. Here the fireworks are launched from a barge in the bay. With rough water they had no choice but to cancel. One does wish to reasonably know where fireworks will go once launched. A pitching platform does not allow this. Not all was lost! We did go to NAF Atsugi to watch their show brief as it was.

It was the daytime that made it such a good day. Lt, Lo, and I departed home early and wandered about in town. Mostly we only looked but there were a few items we purchased. I found a lovely vase in a shop not far from the main gate and clothes for Lo.

As lunch time approached we made our way to the street restaurants. We wandered from window to window ordering small amounts of food at each. We do this because it is so difficult to name only one as favorite. Should you visit Yokosuka you must visit this area.

Summer cruise approaches so Lt is busy gathering what he will require. He protests when I call it a cruise. "It is hard work! Not fun!" I see no reason for his objections. If it is such a difficult time, why does he look to it with boyish excitement? It is no doubt hard work but he seems to enjoy it as you or I might enjoy a special vacation. It remains a surprise how much must be done before he leaves each time. And to anticipate what may be required months in advance is difficult.

He will have his cruise. Little One and I will stand at the dock and give Lt appropriate goodbyes. Then Lo and I will have our own departure to return to Oregon. My trip will cause Lt's absence to be easier.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Dropping in by way of the Walk About link up! Thank your hubby for his service and for protecting my freedom, and for your being a "service wife"-- also, sorry about your fireworks being cancelled. We got to have a few here in Pensacola, FL but the past few days have been HORRID. Take gentle care.

    ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete