Pages

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Storms

As one wife put it, "Storms suck." I believe her. Lt had to leave again.

Why? An approaching storm. It seems ships are better in storms at sea than in port. Ok. I am able to understand that. So that the ship may weather the storm more safely, they sailed all the way to... wait for this... the middle of Tokyo Bay. Yes, that far. They even called it an underway. Of course, the Navy couldn't just return to port after the storm passed. Someone sitting in a desk far away said "Well, since you left port anyway..." Who knows when they will return.

 I do not mention this to complain. I find it humorous. It was almost the shortest cruise yet for Lt. I could have reminded him in the coming years of the great cruise of 2013 when they sailed 1.5 miles and how taxing it must have been for him during that terrible storm that had blistering winds of 35 knots!

 Alas, those stories are not to be since the Navy decided to take advantage of the time away from the pier. I understand. Even to leave the pier costs money and time. Why shouldn't they use it wisely.

 Here is a picture of the ship riding out this terrible storm. It was horrible. I am only pleased he survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment