Jiao sleeps. Finally.
Today seemed she was moving with incredible energy and speaking at no low volume... all day. I do not know what was different today from any other day.
We, rather I, woke at 6am and went to rouse her only to find her bed put away and her missing from her room. I found her in the kitchen feeding Nangua and making tea. She was unusually energetic.
I believe she is as most teenagers seem to be. Rather dull and bleary eyed in the morning. This was not so today. She was bright and energetic. Her speaking began immediately upon my entry to the kitchen.
She spoke of the cousins and of the wedding. Have I found a new hairdresser? Mother is sure to call today. What will you tell her? Stephanie has a new boyfriend. Jessica broke up with hers.
Normally, I enjoy our conversations. Today, I could not leave for my work soon enough. Mother Bing said Jiao soon arrived at her house doing the same thing. Father Bing departed soon after her arrival leaving Mother Bing to endure alone. Coward.
My return to home was met with blissful silence. I sat, thinking to enjoy silence.
click... click...SLAM! She is home. She seems to remember exactly where she stopped this morning. Help me...
Phone! Mother. Jiao shouts greetings. It is odd to hear her shouting Chinese. I do not know why. Mother asks many questions in one ear. Jiao shouts to the other.
I ask myself why I have no gun.
Did you know it is difficult to eat dumplings through clenched teeth? It is a small wonder that Jiao could eat with so much talking. When was there time to chew or swallow?
I can not escape her. She follows me, talking. To the barn. The hay loft. I wonder if the hayloft is high enough to ... no, Mother would scold me for eternity.
I did not know one could talk this long with no reply. Well, no verbal reply but apparently pleading glances and looks of agony do not serve to end her speaking.
SHUT... the cabinet when you are done. Why am I unable to say it? Do I actually desire this torture? I would suppose, somewhere within, I do not want to hurt her feelings. But is there not a limit that one may say it with no regard to their feelings and no remorse for having done it?
I have Demerol remaining! I could get her a glass of juice and... sigh...
Enough is enough! It is time she be silent! I will insist she finally cease speaking! I storm into the tv room and to the front of her chair and...
She sleeps...
AARRGG! I believe I will not sleep well. >:(
i've discovered that duck tapes have many many uses.
ReplyDeletePerhaps something is up with her.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I agree with Aafrica.
hahahaha!! Ah blessed hormones. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a most excellent big sister for not giving in to the hay loft urge :D