I have returned to home. It is good to be away but it is also good to return.
Much work was done at the new site. It is much easier to complete my work with no walls to interfere. The disadvantage was the metal parts used for building. Sharp edges caused many scuffs and small cuts. I think this is the reason Big Boss only smiled and said "ok" when I told him of a later return.
During my extended stay I visited several places. If one is a history student there is much to see. I was able to visit Fort Walla Walla. There were many displays depictingcommonly used items of early days. I found the period buildings most interesting.
Of course, no visit of Walla Walla is complete without visiting a vinyard. I chose two for this visit.
The first I visited was the Waterbrook Vinyards. Among the wines tasted the 2006 Primarius Tempranillo was among the best.
The second vinyard was the Seven Hills Winery. This was the most relaxing visit. There was no need to drive to a distant tasting room as Seven Hills' tasting room was only a short walk from my hotel.
It was the 2005 Pentad that was remarkable for me. It seems I have a weakness for fruity wines.
My return to Walla Walla is a pleasant thought for there remain several more vinyards to visit.
Forgive my brevity for I write in a rush.
Did you happen to stay at the Marcus Whitman Hotel? That's a nice place right next to the Seven Hills Winery, and close to everything downtown. Oh, and the restaurant next door to it is wonderful, too.
ReplyDeleteBest Western, but it was only a short walk. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteAh, yes. I almost stayed there. Best Western was just as nice, and they even had a pool, I think.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!! You were missed :)
ReplyDeleteBring any wine home??? *holds up my empty wine glass* :D
I will find myself well stocked for some time with only that much given away!
ReplyDelete