Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Grrrrr

I have spent 2 days fighting my computer.

Jiao was using it when it was hijacked... by a Chinese hacker...

A virus was installed that ruined my OS. I had to reformat and install a new OS since my restore HD was corrupted. HP places a copy of a cd on another drive dedicated to that purpose. I have always thought this a stupid thing for HP to do. I now have a cd to correct damages.

To speak of Jiao, she is sad. Her return home is Thursday. She will rest for a few days then return to school. I can not blame her for her sadness. I would feel much the same.

I think her stay has given her more determination to immigrate to America. If this is so, it would be best for her to begin her applications immediately. It is not so easy as crossing a border for her to come. There is an ocean which compels her legal entry, though I am told there are some who come in secret. Jiao, though a very strong, could not do it well. She requires too many comforts. ;)

I think I will now close my eyes and not look to a computer for a night or so. I will see enough in my dreams that chase me about...

4 comments:

  1. yikes! sorry to hear you got hacked. everything normal yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aafrica... All is well now. It was nothing a complete reformat could not cure

    ReplyDelete
  3. but don't your loose all the stuff on you hard drive when you reformat? ... which reminds me, it's time to backup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All was lost but everything, except virus, was backed up. It was so much work to reinstall everything 8O

    ReplyDelete