Though the sun was seldom seen I enjoyed the days very much. Sometimes watching a storm arrive is more satisfying than enjoying the sunset on a clear day. Each has its own beauty.
Watching the waves crash against the rocks can bring a peace unique to itself. It is as if the waves approach with great furry but at the last moment find a reason to calm themselves and gracefully leap above the rocks.
Many interesting places change their character from what you have known to another thing to see. The Devil's Punchbowl, for an instance, normally does not look so treacherous. The waves crash in and wet the rocks but usually only at the entrance. As you can see, during a storm, this is not so. My coastie informed me this picture was taken a the low tide. If we visited earlier or returned later there would be far more water in the bowl. Some day I must return to see this.Not all of the time was spent in the rain. There were times enough to venture out to the ocean on a boat. At least these people thought it was a good time to go to sea.
I did not think it good to go. I was able to see the waves on the ocean. They seemed to make the boat look very small. I wondered if the people on the boat thought the same as me when they passed the entrance to the bay.
I preferred shopping to daring the open sea. I have accepted that I will not be known for my bravery upon the ocean. I think it is not such a bad thing to be remembered for shopping.
When I returned home I found Fat Luey enjoying the sunshine in the manner he is accustomed to. He has no shame.Of course, when the weather is slightly warmer I may be found lounging about in the sun also.
For Loofa, or anyone interested, Coastie and I stopped at the Rogue Ales Public House. He tasted several different beers. I tried the Oregon Golden Ale.
I enjoyed the taste. If I were to become a regular beer drinker, I think this one I would drink often. Should you wish to visit it is located under the south end of the Newport Bay Bridge.
I may watch the weather for the approach of another storm.

Nice photos and what a great feline!!!
ReplyDeleteGrandness!! :D
ReplyDeleteLove the cat pic. They have no shame. ha ha ha! :D
I love to go to the ocean during stormy weather. It fits my wild mood much more than the calm, gentle lapping wave times.
very nice pictures. it must be a nice trip you had. it's been awhile since i was by the ocean. miss the sound of waves.
ReplyDeleteRogue is a great brewery! They brew so many different beers that I have still not tried all of the ones that I want to. There's a Rogue location in Issaquah, a town not too far from me; I'll have to get back there soon.
ReplyDeleteIt looks and sounds like you had a beautiful trip.
Wow! Me filled with jealousy.
ReplyDeleteFat Luey wants a big belly rub!!