Today, Big Boss rewarded me for not killing New Engineer. He said we will walk, have lunch, and enjoy the sun.
In the beginning I thought we were to go to a Mexican restaurant I enjoy since it there we seemed to walk. I was somewhat surprised when we walked past the entrance as I did not know of any other place for food.
In the center of the block we entered a very subdued door way. To see it one would not think anything of it. We entered a small (think of a bedroom) restaurant called Capitol Dog. Ah, like you, I thought of only hot dogs. I could not have been more in error.
The inside was bright and cheery with red and yellow being the most obvious colors mixed with blues and greens and chrome. The server spoke to me as if I were her reason to be and my happiness was most important to her. She spoke in a light accent I discovered later was Romanian.
Yes, there were hot dogs, but not the customary hot dogs. There were the coney dogs, chili dogs. kraut dogs, and such. But there were also salad dogs, a hot dog on a bun covered in salad and dressing, a romainian dog on a bun covered in a romanian pickled vegetable topping, a super cheese dog on a bun covered in 6 cheeses! There is also served salads and sandwiches of many different varieties limited only by your imagination.
I enjoyed the salad dog. With toppings and dressing it was much too large to eat in my hand. A knife and fork were desperately needed. I could only finish a portion of it. The friendly Engineer was willing to finish it once I returned to the office with it.
Today I have learned there is a place I must return to soon. There are many items on the menu I would try. I also learned Big Boss knows the outside is not always honest to the inside.
Should you visit Salem, it is on Ferry Street near the La Hacienda restaurant.
The salad dog seems too healthy. One really needs the all important fat, meat and salt groups, to give one's food the proper unhealthiness needed to get through the day.
ReplyDeleteI visited Salem once and really liked it there.
ReplyDeleteAs for the hot dog place, it's great to know of places like that. They're like hidden treasures.
But try the Romanian dog next time!
a small place but wonderful and nice place with friendly people and fantastic food.
ReplyDeleteHoping all are well with you ^^
mmm ... must have hot dogs!!
ReplyDeleteBig Boss must like you like us Blog people do!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmmm hotttt doggggsssss.
Hello,Koala,how are you?
ReplyDeleteMayDay is coming,any plan for it?
May you enjoy your day^^