One must remember to thank the superintendent for the “C” day. It is a day to recover from the horrors of teaching... eerrr... resting from the work of teaching.
I will now admit to understanding more of my mothers face exercises. I always considered them funny to watch as she did each one but now I understand my face would be less tired had I devoted at least some time to them. I spent much time this week changing expressions, often with not conscience of doing them. More than once, it seemed I owed an apology for what my face said as they were speaking.
I did get some of my rules out there so they knew expectations. I had a sign up in several places throughout my class room, especially on the front of my desk just below the assignment basket. It would be good for them to pay careful attention to it in the beginning weeks of school.
Another “suggestion” for them to earn respect was to posted on my wall behind my desk as a reminder. I do not possess the figure or voice that Jared does so his saying would not work well, “When my lips are moving, yours are not!” I chose a gentler approach that I believe will convey my idea of courtesy as well as my refusal to quietly accept discourtesy.
It was a good week though. I have some very bright students, some very entertaining students, and some … challenging... students. It is balanced though so it should be an interesting year.
Do I look as tired as I feel?
I will also say it was a tiring week. I had forgotten how busy one can be as a teacher.





No comments:
Post a Comment