Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Our Latest Days

For a change, I am the one keeping us from traveling very much. I have been doing a lot of substituting at the high school this past week. It has almost felt like I was employed full time. It has served to remind me how much I enjoy teaching and how much I miss it.

I am determined that upon discovering our next assignment, I will begin the process of applying at the school on base or off base should we return to CONUS. This is very likely since we have been overseas for what will be 12 of 18 years.

Speaking of our next assignment, whispers are beginning to float around of it. There is nothing concrete yet. Orly little teasers of possibilities, There is one I do not find objectionable; NAS Everett. It is close to my home in Oregon making visits to Mother Bing and my best friend Heather possible. There is plenty of recreation to be found. I suppose before I begin investing myself in an particular base I should wait for Jared's detailer to become available.

We are almost a year complete on this assignment so change is in the wind. How odd is this way of life that you get a single year that does not require planning for relocation to somewhere new? It is no surprise my civilian friends look to me as an alien when I describe our navy life. Strangely though, I enjoy it. Even despite those inconvenient moments that always arise.

The Navy life is not for everyone but it suits us very well. We are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment