Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

What the Heck?

It has been some time since I have posted anything like this so it is time. Children have a unique outlook on life and are unafraid of speaking their mind. Often time, they unintentionally entertain us., like these gems from  Jun.

I felt I won as a mother when Jun asked, "Who needs a warm bed when you have a warm mommy?"

I bought a new pair of shoes and ask her of her opinion. 

  • Me: “How do these sandals look?”
  • Jun: “They look like shoes…but they mostly look like feet.”

I am thinking that perhaps exposing Jun to some of my work may be premature. At a restaurant, Jun was quietly observing the table next to us. As soon as they left…

  • Jun: “That was weird. Like if an AI took a class in human speech and quit halfway through!”

We went shopping the other day and Jun reminded me of what a girly girl she is.

  • Me: “I am glad we got those new pants for you today. They look nice.”
  • Jun: “Well, pants are not really for me.”
  • Me: “What do you mean?”
  • Jun: “I do not wear pants for ME. I wear them for other people.”

 Chao lei is not off the hook here. He has his moments too only not as many as Jun. We went to a movie the other evening. It seems he is becoming a film critic.

  • Chao lei: "I am not saying it's the worst movie in the world. I'm only 11. I have not seen that many movies yet. It is just that I have never seen a movie as bad as than that one."
My children are often entertaining to me. Sometimes they display wisdom beyond their years. Sometimes they speak very funny things while being completely serious. It is one of the perks of motherhood to be there when they do this. After all, what could be better than stifling a snicker when discovering your child hiding in the bathroom with a brownie in each hand and one in their mouth looking at you with such an innocent face despite knowing they were busted?


1 comment:

  1. Kids truly say the silliest - yet most insightful things! I love their honesty. It's refreshing! I imagine Jun would make me laugh a lot!
    www.lovinglifemoore.com

    ReplyDelete