We are settling as best we may. We have spent our time completing im-processing tasks as we have need to begin our life here. Jared has not checked in yet but they know he is here. He is debating which day this week he will officially “arrive” at Rota.
We have done some exploring but mostly just adjusting to the new time and overcoming jet lag. The people we have met so far have been wonderful and very forgiving of our elementary Spanish. I have again returned to carrying a dictionary to understand what is being said to me though there is much English spoken but usually of the British accent, which is slightly different. You can imagine how little of a Chinese accent you hear. LOL
My first OB appointment is Friday, which is coincidentally, Jared’s RNLT date. We will be finishing week 24. I am not sure when they will make up my week 20 ultrasound. So far, there have been no surprises or causes for alarm. Unlike Chao lei and Jun, Su a very calm baby with not too many demands of her mother… but we are only 24 weeks, so it remains to be seen if any develop.
I have never seen my children timid to explore new things. They seem reluctant to explore without me. They are stand-offish with the local children despite my urging them to meet them. Something is going through their minds so I must discover what it is. They are not behaving as my children normally do. I am sure they will return to their normal outgoing selves soon.







I noticed when moving to Alaska from South Korea that my children didn't immediately want to play with others or step away from me either. I think it was the fact that it all felt so completely unfamiliar. It just takes time!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're settling in, Mei! I can't wait to see more of Rota soon through your eyes!
www.lovinglifemoore.com