Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Welcome to Rota

 

We have arrived to 80° and 80% humidity. At least I will not be required to become accustomed to the weather. It is far more sunny though. Let the SPF100 buying begin!

The blue outline is our flat

 Our house is nicer in person than it first seemed. Our agent demonstrated how the house works. Now there is a bidet to use. I anticipate much “experimenting” with it by the children.

 


I admit I was spoiled by an AC in Japan so was a little concerned with the absence of one in the house. Marisol, our agent, showed which windows and vents to open to cool the house with the sea breezes that seem to blow all the time. I think I will prefer this kind of cooling.

The neighbors have been quick to greet us. By what have been told the neighborhood will seem like our neighborhood in Japan in that they have community gatherings often.

We will stay at the Navy Lodge for a few days while we wait for leases to be signed and temporary furniture to be delivered to our house. Our UB shipment is scheduled for delivery next week. We will only need to wait 35 days for our HHG to arrive. It seems we were blessed with unimpeded shipping to get our things so quickly.

For now, we will focus on overcoming our jet lag. Several long flights in such a short time can exhaust you. Our goal for now is to use the following 2 ½ weeks to recover and climatize to our new home… and arranging for the change of command… and visit necessary in-process offices about the base…

Much to do. Much to explore.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I hope you feel settled very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting adventures ahead, Mei! I hope you are recovering well from jetlag!
    www.lovinglifemoore.com

    ReplyDelete