I remember our arrival in Japan for a second tour. It is easy to say I was not thrilled of a second tour here and back then, this day seemed so far away, but we knuckled down and prepared to do Japan different this time. We were doing well living it differently until August 24, 2020 when Jun bao was born. Then, we were REALLY living Japan differently!
Fast forward to today, 31 days to go, and these last few days will be very busy. Not only are there the last few appointments to out-process this base, I have AP Testing at school for the next two weeks. Providing I do not have to fill in for anyone else, I have 7 4-hour tests to proctor because they are my subjects. I will spend the first few minutes of each session giving instruction and the rest monitoring a class of very intelligent students to ensure they have not invented their “Kirk Solution” (cheats) to the tests.
When testing is finished, there will be Senior finals and I will lose most of my students. I will only have my Mandarin and Computer science 1 class to teach for a couple more weeks. The final day of school is June 6. On June 7 we will be on a plane heading to our next assignment in Spain. Getting my grading and evals completed will be a breeze, right?
I am excited for a new adventure but I will miss Japan. Here is hoping it goes smoothly.
No comments:
Post a Comment