We enjoyed another good day yesterday. We spent the afternoon at Mikasa Park. The park is named for an the old Japanese battleship name Mikasa. It is a large ship but not as large as modern ships. Still, it is interesting to see.
Chao lei was most fascinated by it. He asked MANY questions of the tour guide. She was very patient with his lack of command of Japanese. Fortunately, she spoke English as well. Chao lei remained insistent of using what Japanese he knows, using English only as a last resort. I applaud him in his reasoning; our guide was in her country. Why should she speak English? He amazes me sometimes.
The mural was my favorite thing of the entire park. The pictures seemed almost photos. The artists were very talented. Of course, I prefer to walk outside when I may so that may have been an influence on my preference. The inside of the ship is nice, I suppose. But a naval ship remains a naval ship. It certainly could not have accurately reflected the ship when it was in use. It was too clean. Jared's ship has a laundry for a reason.
After spending the morning there, we enjoyed some walking. We spent most of our time on the Blue Road wandering from shop to shop. We did this until June tired of riding in her father's carrier. It is his because it is "tactical." Its appearance is that of a military ruck sack. I refuse to use it preferring my Moby.
June is becoming better at being in a carrier. She did not much care for it in the beginning. Alas for her, if she is to be in this family, she will need to become accustomed to going places even if only for a walk.
We have a nice trail hike for tomorrow. The weather is expected to cooperate but it is much like the Navy; expected is not necessarily guaranteed.




Oh, how I understand the "Expected is not guaranteed" mentality! I hope your trail hike goes well tomorrow! Also, kudos to Chao Lei for using the Japanese he knows whilst on the tour!
ReplyDeleteMissy (Loving Life Moore)