The warm days are coming! It is not that I dislike winter. It has only been a long winter and I am ready for the summer to come. The sunshine brightens even my mood.
The last call from Jiao seems to be positive for her. Father has not said no to her visiting again. This is a good sign there is a likelihood he will agree. Perhaps it is because he does not wish to be seen as overindulgent to her wishes. This is how children are spoiled. At the least this is how Father explains it. I am not confident I agree with him. I have assured Father I am willing to accept responsibility for her. It is all I may do for Jiao. To do more would cause Father to be defensive and that would surely result in a no answer. It is best to allow Father to decide for himself.
My Coastie has been busy. The better weather means more people making errors in judgement resulting in more work for the Coast Guard. It is surprising the frequency of their calls that go unnoticed by the media. I suppose it is only natural for them to limit reporting to only large events. If they were to report everything there would be no room for other news or the paper would be too heavy to carry.
I spend more time at the ocean since it is warmer. Next month I will spend a few days in my favorite hotel. I will take binoculars. Perhaps I will see my Coastie as he goes past.
Nothing is shiney on my finger yet. But things get more mysterious each time I see him. I believe I will intentionally leave a bridal magazine on the table so that he knows I am thinking of it. Perhaps it will urge him to say something or do something sooner. Cherry says to tell him of another who wishes to see me. It is good I know she only jokes of it for I have no wish to kill him, only urge him.
Cherry begins the season. Already she has been to a rodeo. She had two girls for the barrel racing. She did not ride but I saw the desire for her to compete remains. Her efforts go to her students. She is an admirable teacher. Students will borrow Peevy for their competition. It is the least I am able to contribute. After all, they assist in preparing him for the shows he will be shown in. My turn to show him is in July. I anticipate doing well. At the least, better than last year.
It looks to be an enjoyable summer. I wish for it to include Jiao but it will remain enjoyable for me if Father says no.
This weekend.... Mother and Father Bing's Famous BBQ!
I am sure to get fat...
I am relieved to read your little sister is OK after all the earthquake tragedy in your previous country!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the BBQ! :D