Already, we are registering the children for next years schooling. This year has passed by very quickly. The scary thing is, Chao lei will be 7th grade next year. I think I feel every minute of my age when I think of this. While I have always wanted children, I did not plan to have them age so quickly. I had hoped they would remain my little bundles for much longer than they have. Now I must look forward to the mental trauma of Jun reaching the same age as her brother is now. She already eyes what little makeup I have. I think her father will become aware of just how little makeup I wear when she begins to wear it. At least I have a few years to pretend that Su will not grow up so fast.
Our neighborhood is beginning the summer season change. It is becoming warmer and we are beginning to see temperatures in the 80's more often. Our winds usually come from off shore so it is not too hot. I am content with light breezes and temperatures in the mid 70's to low 80's.
It is perfectly comfortable to hold the community fiestas right now. I eagerly await the first bowls of Tinto de Verano, a simple red wine and lemon-lime soda drink that I have tried to duplicate myself. My efforts result in something that is acceptable but I cannot seem to duplicate it as Marisol or Adella prepares it.
More tourists are being seen in the park so there is more talk of watching the children as they play. Since there are no attractions in our park, it causes the locals to view them with suspicion. We are far from the nightclubs but we are just off the beaches. I am told those that have drank too much often wander to the beach. All that I have met so far have been older and seem to be wonderful people so I assume the suspicions are founded on past experiences during the peak of tourist season. I suppose it is part of living in a tourist destination town.
We plan a lot of traveling this summer. So far, trips to Paris and London are scheduled but I hope to work in Florence, Italy even if only for an abbreviated winery tour. Perhaps a solo trip with MWR would be in order. I have only to convince Jared to keep his children by himself. Sure... that will happen. Lol
It is only three weeks until school is out for the summer then we can begin being tourists in earnest. I look forward to experiencing it with my children.
sounds like an incredible summer ahead!!!! Enjoy - I know it goes by so fast!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see and follow all your summer adventures! I feel like summers just fly, but I can't wait to see all the fun you have!
ReplyDelete