Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Break Time!

It is spring break time here for me. I have two weeks of nothing to do at school. Better still, I have my hubby for two whole weeks. He has taken block leave for the time I am away from school.

Unlike our last holiday, We will go no place in particular. We will do what we have not done since our arrival. We will thoroughly explore the areas around the base. We three will spend much time together, sometimes even going nowhere. I have pledged to do as I am able to not see this as much as possible. It is beautiful  but I would prefer to see only the darkness of the inside of my eyelids for the time I am not going to the university every day. It seems habits are not so easy broken though. I will redouble my efforts tomorrow.



 I will prefer doing this all the day when we are not going to some new place. I enjoy flying my dragon kite. Living at the ocean side make it much easier to fly. I did not say easy, mind you; only easier.

Who would wish to fly an easily flown kite? Would that not become boring very quickly? After all, what does it take to fly a triangle kite? Let the wind take it and give it string to go high. Then what?

Some find that kind of kite flying relaxing. I am happy for them. I, however, enjoy something more robust. A dragon kite has as many sections as the flyer is skilled to fly. I have seen one that was of 125 sections. Mine is only 30. I believe I could not have more unless I wish to fly as high as the kite will take me.


We still wait for an idea of what the Navy will do with us. I am in no hurry to leave as I have said but it would be good to know of something.

Chao lei says Ni hao!                                    


1 comment:

  1. Chao lei is adorable! He's going to have so much fun with you and daddy. Would love to see pics of your outings with your thoughts. Your kite is amazing and beautiful. Please thank your husband for keeping us safe and free. Appreciation is beyond words. And thank you, we know it's difficult and hard not having him home. Have fun and, hopefully, some extra sleep. I so remember those days.

    ReplyDelete